I posted this recently on Facebook but thought it required photos to make it come alive.
(hint: click the pic for a more inspiring size photo)
13. Watch Tennessee Vols Football in Neyland Stadium (with the Vol Navy)
14. Watch Native American Indian dancers and a Pow Wow in Cherokee, North Carolina
15. See a live blues show at Blue Chicago on Clark
16. An uninterrupted afternoon at the National Gallery, Washington
17. Experience the Rose Parade, Live in Pasadena
18. Read a significant work of literature in the Library of Congress Reading Room
19. Witness the wonder of Puccini in the Civic Opera House, Chicago
20. Ride horses on the floor of Monument Valley, UT
21. Camp in either the Lost Sea (Sweetwater, TN) or Spelunk in Carlsbad Caverns, NM .
At Lost Sea, you get to spelunk by land AND by sea on this 8 acre underground lake– in a boat with a glass bottom. Amazing. One of my favorite events ever– I’ve been 3-4 times on the wild tour.
Here, at Carlsbad, you can see the unbelievable and spooky batflight before daybreak or at sundown. There are 250,000 bats that exit and re-enter the cave’s mouth as seen. I’ve never seen anything more like it.
22. Take in an afternoon at the Hotel Galvez (the Queen of the Gulf) in Galveston, TX
23. Do a romantic evening in San Antonio’s Riverwalk
25. Trek through the Great Sand Dunes National Monument